Must-Try Recipes with Matcha
Matcha's popularity in foods has increased a lot these days. This green powder has taken over the internet from one social media app to another with its impressive and tasty dishes. Apart from its popularity, matcha is packed with various health benefits.
Some Recipes that are a Must Try
Some of these recipes are worth trying. Besides the benefits of this green powder, these recipes are exceptional in taste, and a must try for everyone.
Recipe # 1
This simple recipe is delicious breakfast food with an outstanding taste. It takes about 35-40 minutes to make. One serving makes 10-12 crepes.
To make the crepe batter:
- Large eggs – 2
- Butter, melted – ¼ cup
- All purpose flour – 8 tbsp
- Coconut sugar – 2 tbsp
- Almond milk – ½ cup + 2 tbsp
- Vanilla – ½ tsp
- Matcha green tea powder – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil to grease
For the filling, you can use either a fresh fruit or a jam paired with cream cheeese and nut butter.
- Incorporate all the ingredients mentioned above using a blender excluding the flour. Blend well and then add the flour. Blend until all the flour is well incorporated.
- Let the batter chill in the refrigerator for 25-30 minutes.
- Pour the batter onto the pan forming a pancake.
- Cook the crepe for 1-2 minutes until the bottom turns light brown. With the help of a spatula, flip the sides of the pancake.
- Stack them on top of each other in a serving plate. Fill with fillings of your choice and fold in half. It’s ready to be served.
Recipe # 2
Vanilla Matcha Protein Shake
This shake is super creamy and is packed with greens. This shake is great to drink in the morning or as an evening snack. It is super easy to make and takes six minutes in total.
- Vanilla protein powder – 1 scoop
- Unsweetened almond milk – 1 cup
- Spinach or kale – a handful
- Matcha – 1 teaspoon
- Himalayan salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- Handful ice
Method to Cook
- Incorporate all the ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- Taste and add honey is required.
- Blend for one more time and then transfer in a serving tray.
- Enjoy your drink.
Recipe # 3
Dark Chocolate Matcha Bars
Matcha bars are the best ones to fulfill your craving for a sweet as they are lightly sweetened and are vegan friendly. This recipe makes twelve bars.
- Pitted dates – 9 oz
- Cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
- Almonds – 4 oz
- Matcha powder – 2 tbsp
- Coconut butter – 2 tbsp
- Coconut flakes – 1/3 cup
- Maple – 2 tbsp
- If you’re using almonds, then chop them first into tiny pieces in the food processor.
- Incorporate all the ingredients into a food processor and blend well until fully combined.
- Empty the bowl onto parchment paper and spread the dough.
- Let it chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Slice into bite sized pieces or bars.
- Keep them between layers of parchment paper to prevent them from sticking.
We at World Peace make high grade matcha from natural ingredients. Get yourself some matcha by clicking right here.